Saturday, August 28, 2010

Meanwhile, Back on the Beach...

I'm not quite prepared for fall just yet. I've got one last summer fling in Jamaica. So I'm not mentally ready to think about all the deep rich jewel tones, leather, lace, fur embellishments, and vintage jewelry to come! LOL. My mind is still on bikini or one-piece, wedges or flat sandals, maxi or mini-dress??? So meanwhile, as I get back on the beach, I put together my top 5 seasonal transition do's to get you through this odd weather of what to wear....

#1) DO wear white after Labor Day!!!Pair it with dark jewel tones and basic black. Add textures of leathers, furs, and tweeds to create a warm elude to fall.

2)DO layer, layer, layer. Keep out those soft, drapey dresses, wrap dresses, and muted florals. Add your favorite cardi-wrap, blazer, leather jacket for texture.



3) DO wear your leggings/jeggings year-round...

4) DO wear open-toe shoes in transition and into fall; (unless there's a blizzard, temp is below freezing. Use common sense!) On colder days, pair them with opaque tights...


5) DO continue to rock pastel and nude tones. These will be your neutral foundation to pop with the rich, bright jewel tones for fall!!.. Do have fun! It's not rocket science. If you feel good in it, wear it with confidence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment